Crispy Mango & Pineapple Wings
Chicken wings drumettes and flats
1 tbsp Baking powder
1 tsp Garlic powder
½ tsp Salt pepper
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1tsp Chilli powder
1 tsp Thyme
Novice Kitchen Tropical Heat
Apple cider vinegar
1) Marinade the chicken for at least 1hr with cayenne pepper, salt, chilli powder and garlic powder. Make sure the chicken is completely coated. (for best results marinade chicken over-night and place in the fridge.
2) Preheat oven to 200c. Place baking sheet on oven tray and set a heat proof wire rack inside.
3) Once the oven is at the correct temperature, dab the chicken with a kitchen towel to get rid of the excess liquid.
4) In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp of baking powder, ½ tsp of salt, 1 tsp of garlic powder
5) Toss the wings through the baking powder mix until evenly coated, dust off extra baking powder.
6) Place wings on rack and leave an inch of space between each wing to allow hot air to circulate, this will help the crisping up process.
7) Bake for 30 mins, turn the wings over to cook the other side for another 30 minutes until golden brown.
8) For the sauce in a small pot pour 100ml of Mango and smoked pineapple sauce, add a big table spoon of butter (this will help reduce the level of heat and make the sauce finer), add a 3-4 drops of cider vinegar and 2 drops of Worcester sauce.
9) Once the wings are done, toss them through the sauce and it is ready to serve
10) To serve I usually chop some mangoes over the top with some coriander