1 large Aubergine
½ Jar Balinese Jam
Cut the Aubergine into 1 inch thick circles, place in a bowl or plate and generously season with salt then set aside for 15 minutes to draw out the moisture, this will give the aubergine a better sear.
- Pour half a jar of the Balinese jam into a bowl with 4tbs of Soy sauce and 2tbs of Honey mix this all together to create the final sauce (season to taste)
- In a frying pan heat up some olive oil on a medium to high heat until the oil is very hot
- Place the aubergines in the pan to sear for 6 minutes each side or until golden brown on both sides
- Add in a generous nub of Vegan butter to the frying pan, whilst it is melting pour in the sambal mix and with a spoon baste the aubergines for 1-2mins.
- Garnish with some coriander and radishes and serve on a bed of rice.